Lead Nurturing Strategy

Why a Lead Nurturing Strategy is Important for All Businesses

It’s not possible for a marketer to attract a potential client and turn them into a buying customer every time, at least, not without putting in a little effort. The ultimate goal, is that any lead you acquire will result in a sale. There needs to be a strategic plan set in place to get the customer from a generated lead to a buyer. That’s where a lead nurturing strategy comes into play.

What is a Lead Nurturing Strategy?

You may be asking yourself at this point, “What exactly is a lead nurturing strategy?” It’s the process of creating relationships with your buyers, by giving them relevant information at all stages of the buyer’s journey. This information will pertain particularly to them, with the idea of converting them into becoming paying customers. The point of it is to make your potential customer want your product or brand by directing your marketing materials to their exact needs and wants.

Lead Nurturing

How a Lead Nurturing Strategy is Beneficial for Business

Lead nurturing strategies allow you to relate to customers and be more present on the channels that they’re present on. You can’t go straight from lead generation to conversion, you need a lead nurturing strategy. This will not only lead to larger purchases being made, but a study shows businesses focused on lead nurturing will make 50 percent more sales at a 33 percent lower cost.

Less than 10 percent of buyers are ready to purchase a product the moment they see it. That leaves over 90 percent of your generated leads left to debate whether or not they really want to purchase your service. With a lead nurturing strategy, you can more thoroughly communicate with your buyers to convince them to buy.

Lead Nurturing

Lead Nurturing Tips

  1. Target your content
  2. Think beyond your email and try different channels
  3. You need multiple touches to ensure that your customer will convert
  4. Follow-up with them in a timely fashion
  5. Personalize your emails to your customer
  6. Lead Scoring or ranking each potential customer will allow you to prioritize outreach
  7. Sales and marketing alignment will result in more sales opportunities

Lead nurturing needs to become a priority for marketers. As buyers are becoming more independent, it’s imperative to get them on the right track before you lose them. While it may take a little trial and error to figure out how to properly lead nurture, once you do, you’ll be able to build relationships. These relationships will make great future clients and your company will benefit from it in the long run.

Learn More

Lead Nurturing Strategy Guide, Lead Nurturing Strategy Tips
Previous Post
4 Savvy LinkedIn Marketing Tips for Brands to Live By
Next Post
The Basic Benefits of Blogging every Business can Enjoy