If you’re in search of SEO help, you’ve probably come across plenty of companies that rattle off a bunch of vague promises without revealing their methods. SEO companies guarantee all sorts of things: rankings on the first page of every search engine known to man, amplified web traffic and an increased bottom line for your website, to name a few. In this blog post, we do away with the ambiguity and tell you just how a Long Island SEO company can help your business.
Long Island: A Place like No Other
It doesn’t matter if you’re a Nassau or Suffolk County native or if you’ve just moved here recently—you know that Long Island life is one-of-a-kind.
An experienced Long Island SEO company understands that marketing in this suburban oasis is also unique. Long Island is becoming an increasingly popular place to start a business. That means there are probably a lot of Long Island businesses that are strikingly similar to yours. For example, there are over 87 million results for “Long Island restaurants” on Google. Of course, Long Island doesn’t have that many restaurants, but you get the point: there’s a lot of competition.
When developed properly, an SEO campaign should consist of long-tail keywords that will not only increase traffic to your website, but help your business make sales. Long-tail keywords are specific. This is important because:
- People are in a buying mindset when they search for specific terms
- The more precise your keywords are, the more likely you are to capture a niche market (like Long Island)
- Long-tail keywords are good for ranking higher on search engine results pages
A Long Island SEO Company that Thinks Like a Consumer
Being able to think like a consumer is one of the most important aspects of SEO. If you have a question about a product or service, you probably search online for answers. A successful Long Island SEO company understands that search engine-optimized content, which answers questions potential customers may have about your industry, is an effective way of gaining business. By placing themselves in the shoes of consumers and also using the right research and analytics tools, an SEO expert can anticipate which keywords are best to optimize for.
Get on Google’s Good Side
Google is not the only search engine in the world, but is by far the most popular. A Long Island SEO expert should be familiar with all the best ways to make a website attractive to Google’s search engine crawlers. These include:
- Local listings: Getting your business listed on Google Maps is beneficial not only for your company’s SEO, but it also makes customers more likely to pay your business a visit.
- Responsive design: Google favors websites that are easy to use on mobile devices. Making sure you’ve got a responsive website is essential for strong SEO.