How TV Commercials Capture Your Target Audience
Advertising on television is one of the most popular ways to reach your core audience. Unlike other traditional advertising mediums, TV commercials are able convey your message in a unique way. Learn more about the advantages of advertising on local cable stations and how TV commercials can effectively connect your brand to your consumer.
Benefits of TV Commercial Advertisements
Reach Your Target Audience
- Reach a large audience in a short period of time and capture viewers when they are most attentive.
- The mix of sight, sound and motion allow you to effectively convey your brand’s message.
- TV commercials have the power to make people experience all kinds of emotion, which can be a very persuasive tool.
- For example, if you are looking to reach stay-at-home moms, you would want to advertise during afternoon soap operas rather than during late-night talk shows.
In Fat Guy Media’s case, we expanded our target audience in Long Island by placing our TV commercial during the NY Lizards lacrosse game on the MSG channel.
Local Cable TV Stations
- Since there are limited local cable TV stations, your audience will be a larger segment of viewers who will see your ad.
- In Long Island, local television stations include Verizon FiOs1, WLNY TV 10/55 and News 12, which reaches more than 8 million households in the tri-state area.
- Advertising on local stations is a lower cost alternative to advertising on network television since you can pinpoint the viewers that you want to reach.
- Local television stations provide the advantage of addressable advertising, which is the ability to associate commercials with individual households.
- This means that one household may view completely different TV commercials, while watching the same channel as their next door neighbor.
- This is a valuable and cost-effective benefit, since you have the ability to selectively segment TV audiences and directly reach your target audience in their own homes.
How to Create an Effective TV Commercial
According to an Ace Metrix survey, 150,000 consumers tested 1,700 ads and gave each commercial a score. The score was based on a series of factors such as relevance, attention and likeability. The survey results found that these 30 TV commercials are currently ranked as the best of 2015.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- Your brand should be clearly represented, including your company name and logo.
- Tell a story, instead of just trying to sell a product or service. This will help relate your brand to your audience by creating an emotional connection.
- Keep the commercial simple, since you only have about 30 to 60 seconds to get your message across.
- Create a unique character or theme that can be used throughout all of your advertising and marketing efforts. This helps establish a connection with your audience and boost brand recognition.
Quality is key when it comes to TV commercials, so be sure to utilize a professional marketing and advertising agency, like Fat Guy Media.