If you are like us, you probably spend a decent amount of time on social media. You might even think of yourself as an expert. But, do you really know as much as you think you know? Even if you work in the business, we think some of these social media marketing statistics might surprise you.
Social Media Marketing Statistics to Share with Friends
If you think everybody and their mother is on social media today, you might be right. But, did you know that more people today own a cell phone than a toothbrush? If that fact surprised you, we have a whole lot more social media statistics that you probably never heard before.
- The population of Facebook is 6.5 times greater than that of the entire United States.
- Nearly three-fourths of Americans now have a Facebook account.
- Every second, six new Facebook profiles are added to the social media network.
- Every day, eight billion videos are viewed on Facebook.
Many people consider Twitter to be a niche social media platform for politics, sports or business. However, the real social media statistics tell a different story. Today, 45 percent of Americans use Twitter.
Quick Facts about Twitter Usage
- 6,000 tweets are sent every second.
- 500 million are published every day.
- 81 percent of millennials check their Twitter account once a day.
Everyone knows that Instagram is now one of the most popular social networks, but you may not know exactly how active it is. Instagram now has 500 million daily active users. These half a billion people post more than 95 million photos every day.
These social media marketing statistics reveal a lesser-known opportunity for businesses. With this much daily traffic, brands now have a good shot of reaching potential customers on Instagram. If you are considering social media marketing services, you will be happy to hear that 80 percent of Instagram users follow at least one business profile.
Although you were probably aware that there are promotional opportunities available on Instagram and other social platforms, you might not have realized until now exactly how much marketing potential there is on social media.