It’s no secret that social media is the place to build a brand these days. Today, more than 90 percent of retail brands post on social networks, like Facebook and Twitter, but many of them squander the opportunity, because they’ve never been given an education in how to build a brand on social media.
How to Build a Brand on Every Unique Social Network
It’s common to be slightly intimidated at first when learning how to build a brand on social media. However, all a business really needs to gain its confidence is a few insider tips and tricks.
3 Quick Social Media Tips:
- Develop a distinct, recognizable style.
- Rather than talking at your audience, engage followers in conversations.
- Post regularly.
Facebook, today’s most popular social network, is a prime destination for social media marketing. With close to two billion active monthly users, Facebook offers brands an unparalleled opportunity to reach a large, engaged audience.
3 Quick Facebook Tips:
- Posts with images, GIFs and videos gain more attention and interaction than text only posts.
- Asking questions is an effective strategy for increasing followers’ participation.
- Holding contests or offering giveaways helps increase Facebook engagement levels.
Brands everywhere have embraced Twitter’s 140-character posts as a way to promote their products or services. They use this public platform to spread their messages several times a day.
3 Quick Twitter Tips:
- Hashtags help posts get viewed by larger audiences who are interested in those specific topics.
- Business promotions should be balanced with informative content to keep followers interested.
- Customers often ask brands questions on Twitter. Responding to everyone helps to quickly builds consumer confidence.
Instagram is a place where brands can promote and engage potential customers by posting photos and short videos. The fun and creative social network is a great place to hook a younger audience.
3 Quick Instagram Tips:
- Eye-catching imagery attracts greater attention on this visually-oriented social network.
- Tagging photos with locations or other users’ Instagram handles helps increase your exposure.
- Restrict posting to peak times when more users are likely to be scrolling Instagram.
YouTube is a popular outlet to upload and broadcast branded content. It offers a captive audience who collectively watch more than 3.25 billion hours each month.
3 Quick YouTube Tips:
- Keep branded videos short and to-the-point.
- Optimize your videos by using relevant keywords.
- Calls-to-action will direct viewers to your website, a special offer or other destination.
Snapchat, one of today’s hottest social networks, allows users to post photos and short videos that disappear after viewing. Recently, brands have begun finding ways to capitalize on this mobile app’s exploding popularity.
3 Quick Snapchat Tips:
- Provide exclusive content to help build buzz and increase followers.
- Use custom geo-filters to raise brand awareness and increase social media interaction.
- Share behind-the-scenes photos and videos of special events to give users an inside look.
Whichever social network(s) you choose, learning how to build a brand will benefit your business significantly. From raising awareness to improving sales, a strong social media presence is an outlet for promotion with unlimited potential.